Saturday, April 28, 2012

~UPDATE from Out of the Country

I know I have been MIA for months, but I am currently out of the country cause of my job.  I won't be back in the country unitl the middle of June.  So please bear with me.  But now that I have you here:  Hair Update....So I went to training in Nov and was in need of a relaxer but did not get one until I got out of training so we'll say mid-Dec.  Dec 18th. Yeah, yeah Dec 18th.  I know, I know I need to do better with keeping up with the date of my relaxers but ya girl was busy.  So back to my relaxer.  Dec 18th I relaxed my hair.  Dec 23 is when I arrived to the "country."  So up till that point I was just rocking my two celie braids.  (I love those braids) I have been rocking those braids for everyday styling.

Okay, so  I have been moisturizing and sealing, washing and co-washing.  I was using the Neutrogena Triple Moisture line.  The shampoo and the conditioner.  For mositurizing and sealing  I was using the Cantu Shea Leave in and the ORS moisturizing lotion.  I know what you are thinking...the ORS moisturizing lotion has petroleum in it.  But I was thinking since the Cantu and the ORS are both leave-in's and the ORS will be sealing the Cantu Shea! What yall think? No go? But my hair was soft.  So I was doing that for while, then I was thinking I have to M&S and re-braid my hair everyday before I even go on shift, day after day?  It was taking a toll on me.  So then I ordered some human hair and braided my hair in micros.  Now when my hair was in the mirco braids, I was thinking, "How am I going to continue to wash and condition my hair?"  Good question.  So that is when I begin to google.  I learned that if I take a wave cap and some diluted shampoo I can wash my hair in the braids.  So thats what I proceeded to do.  I braided my single mirco braids in big cornrows, put the wave cap on got a spray bottle, diluted my shampoo and began to wash my hair.  YALLLLL when I took my wave cap off and un-did those braids!!! I WAS TOOO MAD!! Braids started coming undone and falling out...the hair was all fuzzy.  I only had the dang braids in two weeks, TWO WEEKS and it had looked like I had them in for forever and a day.  URGH!!!

So back to the celie braids I go.  Not that I didnt mind but the things I had to go through to get the darn hair in country and then to finally put the dang braids in, JUST so they can get fuzzy and start falling out in TWO WEEKS?!?!  So after I took the micro braids out it was again time for a perm.  So I relaxed again on March 30, 2012.   I thought I was gonna have some length, something to tell me that everything that I had been doing was okay.  Uh, NO! Ya girl hair mustve went bad at some point cause now I am barely touching shoulder length.  At first I was devasted, but then I begin to realize that I am in another country and I have been washing my hair in the water that we cant even drink  nonetheless brush our teeth in.  So im guessing that that maybe that has something to do with my setback?.

So its now back to the drawing board.  And Im kinda not okay with it.  but there is nothing that I can do.  So my time in this country is winding down and I should be back home, state-side in June so till then I will continue to stalk blogs, hair forums, youtub-ing and continue to baby my hair til I can do something to make this hair grow.  I will continue to keep in touch.  Sorry for the long delay.  Since I have no followers, I guess this will be my hair diary until I get some.  Muah guys see ya later!

1 comment:

  1. i'm on a hair journey to go natural :) braiding my "micros" tonight. btw, I'm having a 100+ Follower Urban Decay Giveaway! I hope you enter :)♥

    ReplyDelete